Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First Voyage to Barsoom

My first encounter with Barsoom occurred when I was an impressionable young boy of 12, and truth be told, I don't think I've ever returned from the Dying Planet.  I voraciously consumed Princess of Mars, and then bought every other Mars novel by ERB that I could lay my hands on, which fortunately was all of them.  These editions of the books by Del Ray had covers illustrated by Michael Whelan, who in my opinion gave easily the best impression of of Barsoom to date.  My first encounter has naturally led me to love these stories, and I have reread them regularly ever since.

Fast forward thirty odd years, and I have now brought this love of mine to the role playing table.  Utilising the ruleset DC Adventures by Green Ronin, I have created a Barsoom supplement I have named Jedwars & Jeddaks, or J&J for short.  My intention with this blog is to talk about my design process, and give some insight into the supplement.  My intention is to eventually publish the supplement as a PDF, but this may still be a little while off yet.

Of course, opinions and feedback are always welcome, and like any new game or supplement, play testing is and will be required, so I'm happy if people want to contact me to fill a playtesters part in the creation of, what I consider, one of the most exciting genres and settings available.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to be your first follower

    I share the Love for the Barsoom chronicles

    ReplyDelete